12 bed Chateau, France – ID: 6019588
Property Gallery and Description
This lovely property is very quietly situated at the edge of a lively village with all amenities in a beautiful region near Castres, in Midi-Pyrenees, which is only 10mn drive from the Languedoc Roussillon. The Manor house was built in 1810 by a well known noble family on the foundations of an old building. From the entrance gate, the property breathes a spirit of grandeur and well-being. As well the interior of the Chateau keeps its promises. The restoration works have been carried out with great care to preserve the authenticity and charm of this property. A beautiful park with bicentenary trees, a waste tent swimming pool area, with the elegant Chateau overlooking the unspoiled countryside - all this contributes to the feeling of being in a little paradise.
THE appropriate place for a luxurious private home or a high class business with B&B, Gite and as well conference rooms.
Description of the buildingsThe Manor house offers about 500mē living space on three levels.
Ground floor 210mē:
- A large gate opens to the courtyard 200 mē with a fountain in the middle
- a stylish stone staircase leads to the front door of the Manor house and its entrance hall 21mē with cloakroom and WC.
- The entrance hall is connected with a reception room 18 mē
- to the left of this room is the lounge 39 mē with a fireplace and wooden cupboards
- At the right of the reception hall is the formal dining room 30 mē with another open fire place
- The dining room leads to a superb kitchen 27mē fully equipped (Poggenpohl) with a newly tiled floor and original fireplace.
All these rooms open via French doors to the south facing terrace and park, the kitchen opens also to a west facing terrace with wide views overlooking the park and the swimming pool. Every room still has its original, beautiful and unique, nicely shaped marble floors, marble fire places, wood paneling and doors with original sculptured door frames
- The kitchen of the main house is connected to a few steps lower large room 33 mē with a large open fire place and a wine and storage cellar. In the past this was the main kitchen for the property which is actually used as a billiard room.
- Next to the billiard room an office and a second entrance hall with a utility room.
A beautiful original stone staircase leads to the first floor.
First floor: 155 mē with its spacious landing 35 mē and 5 bedrooms, 14, 24, 16, 21 and 20 mē some of them with their original marble fire place and built-in cupboards. Dressing. Separate toilet. Large family bathroom 16 mē with shower, bath, two washbasins and toilet. All floors still have their original oak parquet.
A wooden staircase leads to the second floor.
Second floor: another 5 bedrooms, 16, 18, 24, 16 and 15 mē with a spacious family bathroom with shower and toilet. Separate toilet and pantry.
- At the South and West side of the Chateau are several terraces on different levels being accessed from all the reception rooms leading into the park or to the swimming pool area.
- Swimming pool 12m x 6.6m with large terraces and magnificent views. The pool is heated by solar panels.
Ground floor: Situated opposite the main house, building the north wing of the courtyard, has a completely independent entrance from the Northside. There is a lounge, kitchen, 2 bedrooms, bathroom and pantry.
First floor: about the same size as the ground floor is being used for storage but could be easily added to the caretakers house or make another apartment.
- Large stone barns attached 1 to the next, total about 450mē of floor space over 2 levels. They are actually used as storage of garden material and as garage and most of the upper floor is not used. All barns are newly roofed.
- Carport for three cars
- Small shed, actually used for a pony together with his best friend, a goat.
Tarn, Midi-Pyrenees, FranceClick and drag the orange silhouette in the top left corner of the map to activate Google Maps Street View.